New sequential art

So this happened over the weekend...

This is for a story I wrote in 2006. I wanted to use a new style, and had experimented some but never got past that stage. Recently, I started working on the story again and came to the conclusion that I would be better off partnering with an artist (other than myself). I came to this conclusion mainly because I thought it was better time management...but in the last week the control freak in me began surfacing so I start to experiment again with the newish style. Once I had done a few pieces, I made an impromptu dive into the art for page one. Part of me would prefer the style to be more exaggerated, a little less real, but this direction seems to be working so any alterations will likely be small. I also have a page two which is almost done.

Cover for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, vol. 1, season 9

This image is a newer version than what’s being used for the solicitations, but this is the image that will be used on the printed cover. The first covers for the Buffy and A&F volumes needed to be done quickly, so it wasn't until after I turned in the Buffy vol1 cover that I saw the issues with it. Luckily I was able to go back and improve it before press time.