This is the final image, for the time being, I'll go back to it in a couple of weeks just to see if I want to add any other details or define anything better. I had posted the first "finished" version at ConceptArt and the general feedback was that the angel's position was too hard to figure out under a pile of leaves, so I removed almost all the leaves, moved her leg and added an arm.
Back in early 2000 I did several Salish style animal pictures, I sold them on shirts a bit, but the designs have pretty much been shelved for a long time. Recently, I thought about trying to work some of that Salish style into my present work, either in "spirit" or more literally. I sketched out this new piece a few weeks ago, and yesterday I finally dove and got it done. The fun part about using the Salish style is that I normally have the larger encompassing figure planned out, but after that part is drawn I wing it, carving shapes into the larger outline and then experimenting with what types of figures work in the voids and spaces.